Horizon Development and the Baltic Sea Region
Horizon Development' s services are international and truly not exclusive to the Baltic Sea Region. In 2016, only 36% of its activities were in fact Baltic Sea Region based.
But its location, expertise and network make it a favorable terrain for the growth and excellence of its professional services.
Test yourself on the Baltic Sea Region: Did you know?
- The countries in Europe with the highest GDP growth in 2012 Q1 (latest data) are the three Baltic States: Latvia (6.9%), Estonia (3.9%), Lithuania (3.9%). In 2011, the countries in Europe with the highest GDP growth were already the three Baltic States, tightly followed by Poland.
- Estonia is the home of Skype Technologies.
- Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway rank #7, 8, 10 and 11 worldwide in the number of patent per capita.
- Finland and Estonia score among the top 5 elementary and secondary school systems worldwide.
- Finland and Sweden rank #1 and #2 in the number of communication technology patents per capita worldwide.
- Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Estonia rank # 6,7, 14,15, 24 in business efficiency worldwide (ref: US ranks #1, UK ranks #20, France ranks #28)
- Estonia has a 0% corporate income tax and the fastest administrative procedure to start a new company in Europe today.
- 92% of the companies operating in the Baltic States have less than 10 employees and one of the highest production cost-effectiveness ratio in Europe today. It is simply becoming more reliable and more flexible to produce today in the Baltic States.
- Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway rank # 1, 3, 5, 6 in Growth of Competitiveness worldwide (ref: US is # 2, UK#10, Germany #13, France #27) (Data not available for Baltic States)
How does Horizon Development fit in this?