Baltic Ambassador Programme
Matching the needs of the travel industry in the Baltic Sea Region since 2006
The Baltic Ambassador Programme was created in 2006 to better respond to:
(1) the need for more transparency and objectivity in tourism marketing
(2) the difficulty of smaller countries to promote themselves as a tourism destination
(3) the marketing needs of entrepreneurs with a limited budget in the field of tourism.
It has been running every year since 2006 with 5-9 missions per year. Baltic Ambassador has been officially supported by the Estonian Tourism Board EAS and the European Union Regional Development Funds since 2008.
Key Facts About Baltic Ambassador
- Has been representing a large number of Baltic Sea Region destinations since 2006, among which almost all of the Estonian destinations of excellence.
- Permanent network of 200+ tour operators working with the Baltic Sea Region
- Visit every year a total of about 80-100 tour operators in 9 European countries
- Select and introduce most interesting Baltic tourism destinations to the tour operators, using a “match-making” approach based on quality and objectivity
- Present, test and push the presented destinations in the tour operator’s agenda and brochures for the following travel season.
- Ensure a sustainable partnership between a destination, its incoming partners, and the foreign operators.
- EAS (Tourism Board)-co financed program in Estonia since 2008.
Every year, the most successful of those destinations among travel professionals compete for the "Best of Baltic" Award. The award is given by the 100+ travel professionals of the Baltic Ambassador network that each vote to recognize those tourism destinations that set a example of excellence, client dedication and innovation in the tourism industry of the Baltic Sea region.