Some obvious and essential "down to earth" tactical questions every managers about to launch a product / service in a new market should ask themselves (and often don't):
- What is your product USP in this new market?
- What is the competition landscape? Why some won and some lost?
- Is the market for your product really the one you think? How the specific configuration of this new market can possibly even change your global sales approach?
- Have you reached your MVP? Does that MVP apply to the new market?
- What are the essential target nodes for your product launch and what is your plan to secure them?
- Who are those people, companies that will be your best "carriers" in that market? What's in it for them?
- Is your marketing department ready for the challenge?
- You will get in: Great! But will you stay and grow?
- What is it that you did not see yet and that can make the difference between success and failure?
Unlike other advisory firms, Horizon Development Markets offers its clients a very pragmatic "hands-on" approach to research markets, prepare product launch and initiate sales with speedy tactical early strategic customer acquisition. All products and markets are different and require specific customized approach, but our decades of experience launching products to various markets in various industries can be highly valuable in avoiding often costly early mistakes and in quickly identifying the cost-effective and sustainable way to reach your sales objectives in new markets.
Horizon Development Markets has specialized over the years in making sure its clients reach their new markets and sales objectives. It works both ways: (a) Doing the actual work "hands-on" and/or (b) Coaching client teams to do it. To better match the cooperating with them at the various critical stages of a product launch:
Horizon Development Markets is not only using research tools but also its wide network of professionals in order to make sure its clients reach quickly and cost-effectively their objectives in early strategic customer acquisition. It is mostly known for offering innovation-centric entrepreneurs with the chance to start their sales operations before having the resource dedicated to the creation of a sales force or a sales department. That's the main idea behind Market Sniper.
Horizon Development Markets is using various quantitative and qualitative market investigation and decision-making tools, some commonly used in market investigation professionals and academics, some others more specifically coming from fields such as corporate finance, mathematical modeling and military tactical intelligence.
- Is NOT an accelerator program: We will NOT make access to your equity a condition to access our program. It's all up to you.
- Market Sniper is an innovative "hands-on" accelerated customer acquisition program that has been making a name for itself in making a difference for both young bootstrapped startup and Fortune 500 companies.
- It allows your company to get access to some of the most experienced "snipers" in various industries and countries.
- But it's not just limited to startups: It allows bigger and more experienced companies to also reduce risks in their new markets acquisition, especially foreign ones where they perceived the risk level as being much higher.
- It may looks like, but it's not a free program.
- It's just that Market Sniper's financial cost is tied to its client's success on those new markets. The cost is also mostly differed to later terms, once revenues are generated.
- It's yet the program on the market that allows for the lowest possible financial risk (maybe that explains its popularity... :-) but that yet truly delivers
- Horizon Development is thus here taking the same risks as an angel investor and therefore requires some of the same due diligence during the application process.
Key aspects / benefits about the program:
- Market Sniper allows a young company to scout and acquire their first strategic customers at a limited risk rate
- Market Sniper allows a company to scout and acquire new foreign markets beyond its home turf at a limited risk rate
- Market Sniper allows a company to lower risks on new market acquisition and to defer costs associated with it.
- Market Sniper also allows a company to defer the hiring and training of a sales team of its own until a critical minimum market acquisition target level has been reached
- Market Sniper is conducted by experts with an extended network and a successful track record in various industries
- Horizon Development takes on all the research, preparation and early action on new markets until target acquisition and target securing.
- Horizon Development shares the risk of new market acquisition.
- Horizon Market is involved at all levels of the Sales and Marketing process until significant successful sales revenues allow the client company to self-finance a full Sales and Marketing department on its own.
- Market Sniper is also often used as a critical gateway for young companies that are seeking early financing from angels, VCs or banks who are expecting to see early sales and market response results before they commit investments.
More information & customer references: Market Sniper
Request for a free consultation: marketsniper [at] horizondev.net
" You have a product launch coming ahead. You cannot allow any mistake. Why not testing with us first? "
This is a market investigation package that helps large and smaller organizations to get a full assessment of where they stand today on specific markets and what opportunities are offered to them for future growth. It includes thorough market research, interviews and visits and sometimes the use of specific and less conventional tools.
- All industries
- B2B / B2C
- Intensive 30-60 days program
- Thorough market investigation
- Investigate the market, its various opportunity niches, growth potential and its potential pitfalls
- Target prioritization via algorithms ("what ifs" approach)
- Expert third-party evaluation about market expectations and go-to-market plan
- Identify added efficiency and cost-saving measures
- Test selected sample markets using appropriate methods (open vs. stealth)
- Learning from the market tests: Go-to-market strategy and sales tactics adjustments before launch
- Synchronize market specific expectations with marketing campaigns
- Finalization of the go-to-market roadmap
- Long-term market growth perspective review
- Prepare, activate and monitor the full market launch
- Training & coaching of the Sales & Marketing Force
More info & request for a free consultation: marketreach [at] horizondev.net
" Has your product the sufficient MVP to make it?"
MVP is not hype, it's a serious barometer that anyone thinking about a product's chances of success on the market should look into very carefully before they commit resources to a product launch. Many companies - many startup companies in particular - tend to be too isolated from market realities and too infatuated with their innovative product. They often get a cold shower after having invested their essential resources in product launch and sales (one of the main reason behind startup companies' failures). The main reason? They never took the time to check on their MVP... Yes, it sounds stupid but it's reality. Just that MVP estimate is not something clearly accessible to anyone. MVP is only valid if there is a match with the target markets. That's where Horizon Development Markets and the MVP Test comes in.
- All industries
- B2B / B2C
- Non-intensive 30 day program
- At the product development stage
- Thorough market investigation / consultation with the product development team
- Target prioritization via algorithms ("what ifs" approach)
- Identify added efficiency
- Next steps roadmap for improving the not only viability, but market performance
Request for a free consultation: markets [at] horizondev.net
Other products offered by Horizon Development Markets
Since 2006, Horizon Development Markets has played an important role in helping various companies to identify, select and contract their distributors / partners in selected countries (Baltic Sea Region, Norway, UK, France, Germany, Italy China, USA, Argentina, Bahrain, Russia, etc.). Also, the strong market intelligence expertise of Horizon Development Markets combined with tourism-specific expertise from Horizon Development Baltics and from the Baltic Ambassador Programme has led to the creation of specific and highly competitive tools for the tourism and hospitality industry such as MarketTour™.
TechPass is a program specifically designed for the IT industry. It provides sample user market test of newly developed technologies that need a go-ahead before they leave the prototyping mode. The objective with TechPass is to bridge product development with market realities before product launch; allowing for cost-saving measures, product modifications and sales channels adjustments before the company commits with full sales and marketing resources. This step is often seen very favorably for tech companies seeking initial investments as a safeguard for initial investors: Getting first sales, first implementations and happy customer references for further business development and further financing.
Illustrative list list of Horizon Development Market's craftsmanship:
- Market intelligence & research
- Competitive analysis
- Saas market assessments
- Technology competitiveness review
- MVP matching due diligence
- USP coaching seminars
- Special investigations (markets, investments, management)
- Business intelligence
- New market search & identifications
- New markets strategic nodes identification
- MVP-Market match
- Product launch management
- Go-to-market strategy
- Go-to-market tactical roadmaps
- Cost-effective marketing setup for young innovative companies
- Customer profiling
- Pricing algorithms
- Due diligence (markets)
- Due diligence (investors)
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Large surveys conduct and analysis
- Mystery shoppers
- Thought leaders mobilization
- CRM efficiency evaluations
- Social media tools development and targeting
- Market leadership & market leadership sustainability development